Are you looking for a cheaper way to get around the neighborhood or commute? Scooters are an option to consider. They are easy to use, save you gas costs, and are highly maneuverable around traffic. The market offers both electric and kick scooters. There are various brands to choose from, and they come in stunning designs.
Whichever type you select depends on your preferences and budget. That leads us to the electric scooter vs kick scooter issue. Which one is better? Which one suits you? Ask no more. Below is a guide to help you tell apart the two scooter types and additional details you should know.
Difference between an E-scooter and a Kick Scooter
When talking about e-scooter vs. kick scooter, one difference that comes to mind is how the two operate. For starters, an electric scooter runs on a motor and battery. On the other hand, a kick scooter requires the physical effort of the rider. You have to kick your leg to operate the model. However, this scooter type provides a 9-10 mph speed, while an electric version is faster and allows you to ride at a 15-18 mph pace.
Pros and Cons of Electric Scooter
Every good product comes with multiple pros and a few cons. This applies to electric scooters as well.
The upsides of an electric scooter include the following.
- It is fast: With 15 mph speed or higher, an electric scooter lets you reach your destination faster than when using a kick scooter. Get to run errands, arrive at your workplace on time, and save on gas money.
- Provides effortless riding: You do not need much effort to use an electric scooter, as it operates on a motor and battery. That way, you save more energy to use on other tasks in your life. Riding this model is a breeze and lets you have a fun time as you head to the office or store.
- Offers convenience and comfort: It is fast, and you do not have to kick your foot to ride it. It comes in handy on those days when you wake up late and need a faster way (than walking) to get wherever you should be.
- Keeps you sweat-free: The last thing you need is to arrive at work sweating. With an electric scooter, the motor and battery do most of the work for you. All you do is pilot the scooter and not doing any kicking. That way, you get to work sweat-free even if you were riding at high speed.
- It is costlier: If you are on a tight budget, an electric scooter is not the right option. Consider a kick scooter instead. Besides, an electric model is heavy, considering it has a motor and battery.
- Has a higher risk of accidents: studies have shown electric scooters to have a higher risk of being involved in accidents. You should be careful. Besides, imagine the battery dying in the middle of the road.
“If you need to know more details about electric scooters and want to buy any of these then feel free visit this awesome site: Green Electric Scooters”
Pros and Cons of Kick Scooter
A kick scooter comes with several advantages.
- More affordable: If you need to save some money and do not mind some foot kicking, a kick scooter is for you. It is more affordable than electric models.
- Portable: Since a kick scooter has no motor or battery, it is very lightweight. You can easily carry it as you move around without experiencing fatigue.
- Environment friendly: The only power you need to operate a kick scooter is your bodily energy; no motor or battery.
- Provides a great workout: If you need to burn some calories as you go to work or get other things done, a kick scooter can help you do that. You burn fat as you kick and ride the device.
- Low maintenance: With a kick scooter, you do not have to worry about any battery or motor. Keep it clean, occasionally grease the bearings and headset, and tighten the bolts.
- Requires physical effort: Unlike an electric scooter that runs on a motor, a kick scooter does not. It needs you to use your physical energy to ride it. For those lazy days when you want to ride to work effortlessly, an electric scooter would be ideal.
Which One is Best for You?
Whichever you choose between electric scooter vs. kick scooter depends on your preference. When on a budget, a kick scooter is ideal. It is also light and portable for easy carrying. However, an electric model is faster and needs little effort to ride. Nonetheless, it can be expensive and calls for more maintenance than a kick scooter.
Nevertheless, the market offers hybrid scooters with both manual ad automated modes. You can quickly switch from manual to electric and enjoy smooth riding or automated to kick and do some kicking.
Factors to Consider When Choosing between E-Scooter & Kick Scooter
The price factor is one aspect that comes to mind when talking about electric and kicks scooters. As mentioned earlier, kick models are cheaper. However, the higher cost of an electric scooter is due to the additional parts, namely the motor and battery. Besides, you get to enjoy a faster speed, effortless riding, and convenience.
Nevertheless, you also have to consider the distance you will be covering. If your workplace is three miles away from your house, for example, an electric scooter would be the ideal choice. You do not want to arrive at work tired, sweaty, and hungry because you used your breakfast in riding a kick scooter. However, if you intend to travel shorter distances, for instance, a mile, a kick scooter should be right for you, and you get to save money too.
You should also check the quality of the scooter you are buying and how comfortable it is. Spend money on a sturdy, well-built brand that will last longer and ensure your safety on the road. Check the grips to ensure they are ergonomic. Besides, some companies provide foldable scooters that enhance portability and save on storage space.
Both electric and kick scooters are worthwhile purchases. They are simple to use, faster than walking, and you save you transport costs. However, an electric model is faster than a kick scooter and provides effortless riding. Nonetheless, a kick scooter is cheaper, eco-friendly, and low-maintenance. The model you buy depends on your budget and personal preference.