The Tommaso Forcella road bike is a beginner’s dream bike. At 22.7 lbs, it is extremely lightweight and therefore relatively hassle-free whether you’re riding it or hanging it up in your garage. But perhaps the reason why this bike is so great for beginners is because it is highly customizable. Its aluminum frame comes with slots for various accessories, a fender, and even a rack, so you can tailor it to suit whatever needs you may have. This is a road bike you’ll want to ride everywhere, partially because it delivers consistently high performances and partially because it looks so damn good. Black and white matte finishes make it very aesthetically pleasing enough to draw a few stares when you ride it around town. If you’re curious to know exactly why the Tommaso Forcella is a quality beginner’s road bike, keep reading as we explore its features, plus the good and the bad aspects of this thousand-dollar bike.
“If you need to know more details about Road Bikes & Cyclocross Bikes and want to buy any of these then feel free visit this awesome site: biketestreviews.com“
The Features of Tommaso Forcella Road Bike
1. WTB bolt saddle
Let’s start with comfort. The Tommaso Forcella has a WTB volt saddle that’s mounted atop a TRS performance seat-post. The seat’s quite comfortable and most users report pleasant experiences when they ride the bike with padded shorts.
The seat-post is lightweight and easy to adjust. You’ll definitely appreciate it if you share your bike with someone who needs to change the seat height because adjusting it is a breeze.
2. Ultralight sport series handlebars
This road bike is equipped with a stiff, ultra-light pair of sports series handlebars. You need something this dependable when you’re just getting into road biking and it dramatically enhances your ability to control the bike.
Their ergonomic build makes them comfortable, plus they allow you to get into a nice racing position when you want to put the bike’s 24-speed gears to the test.
Buy now: Check price on Amazon
3. Shimano claris shifters and derailleurs
The bike is equipped with Shimano Claris gear shifters and derailleurs that feature hidden cable routing for a neater appearance.
More importantly, these shifters and derailleurs combine well with the drive-train to facilitate very smooth gear shifting. The front derailleur has 3 speeds, and the rear derailleur has 8, giving the road bike a total of 24 speeds.
4. Shimano claris brake calipers
Coming to a quick and smooth stop is made possible by Shimano Claris brake clippers. They are extremely reliable and consistently smooth no matter how suddenly you brake. The quality is as expected of a Shimano product so that these brakes will deliver reliable stopping power for years.
5. Tommaso HCT carbon fork with SLA 6061 aluminum frame
The reason why the bike only weighs 22.7 lbs is the SLA 6061 aluminum frame. Yes, it is lightweight, but it is also extremely durable. That’s a big deal because you want your first road bike to last a few years, but you don’t want it to feel like it weighs a thousand pounds.
Attached to this lightweight frame is an HCT carbon fork. It is exceptionally good at dampening vibrations, which is part of the reason why the Tommaso Forcella rides so smoothly. Everything on this bike is extremely lightweight, so it retains a manageable form that you won’t find cumbersome to deal with.
6. Shimano claris crankset and cassette
Although it is dubbed a “beginner’s” road bike, the Tommaso has some of the best components in the market. Case in point, it features a Shimano Claris crank-set and cassette, which come together to create the best entry-level drive-train in the market.
Make no mistake; you will be getting a quality road bike, one that’s designed to deliver consistent, smooth, and high performances, with a remarkable degree of reliability.
7. Tommaso corsa TC-30 rims (lightweight, aerodynamic performance)
Finally, the excellent build of the Tommaso Forcella is wrapped up by the inclusion of Corsa TC-30 rims, which are exceptionally aerodynamic. Following the bike’s main theme, they are also supremely lightweight, so overall; this is one of the lightest road bikes you will ever come across.
- Durable. Even though it is primarily made out of aluminum and carbon fiber, the road bike is exceptionally durable. It is designed to deliver years of consistent performance on different terrains and in different circumstances.
- Consistent performance. Superb shifters and derailleurs and a state-of-the-art drivetrain combine to deliver pro-level performances. Even though it costs way less than most pro-level bikes, it delivers performances that you can depend on.
- Lightweight. Excellent craftsmanship and the use of high-quality materials like aluminum and carbon fiber make it wonderfully lightweight. You certainly won’t have any problems carrying this road bike or even performing tight maneuvers as it only weighs a meager 22 pounds.
- Built for beginners. Lastly but certainly not of least importance, this bike is extremely beginner-friendly. It is smooth on the road and fairly easy to control, which is why beginner cyclists, in particular, enjoy this bike so much.
- Professional assembly required. Unfortunately, its beginner friendliness doesn’t extend to its assembly. The bike arrives in pieces, and the manufacturer recommends professional assembly for optimal performance. That can be an expensive and time-consuming endeavor, plus many users report assembly issues down the line.
- Bike pedals can hurt you (really sharp). This is not such a huge deal, but it is worth mentioning, you should be careful around the bike pedals as they’re really sharp.
Who is suitable for?
Everything about this bike- the build, the materials, and its operation- seems to be designed to facilitate an extremely smooth ride. That’s why it is the ultimate road bike for beginners.
That’s not to say that an intermediate rider won’t find any value with it. In fact, the fact that it is so beginner-friendly makes it suitable for everyone- pros and career riders included.
Why we like it
Lightweight. A bike like this won’t give you any trouble when the time to store it away comes. It is very light, so stashing it away or even packing it for a road trip won’t be a sweat-inducing activity.
Limited lifetime warranty. The fact that it comes with a limited lifetime warranty and the company’s willingness to provide replacement parts quickly whenever a customer needs one speaks volumes about the reliability of the Tommaso Forcella as a road bike.
Highly customizable. Whether you’re interested in racing or commuting, this bike allows you to tweak and tinker with accessories until you’re satisfied. It comes with slots for a rack, reflectors, and fenders, so you can customize it as you wish, depending on the occasion.
The Tommaso Forcella road bike is more than just an attractive road bike. Its highly customizable form, lightweight build, and consistent performance make it one of the best options for beginners out there. It doesn’t hurt that it comes in extremely good-looking matte finishes, which certainly make you want to get on it more often.
Overall, it is well worth its price tag.