Electric car makes a perfect gift for your lovely child. Although one wrong purchase decision might turn it from a perfect gift to a downright disappointment, something that parents never expect. The year 2021 has lots of excellent choices in kid’s electric vehicles. But for the purpose of helping you get a more efficient and cost-effective model.
We’ve narrowed down our search to the 10 best power wheels & electric cars for kids based on expert opinion and user testimonials. We’ve done deep research for you and presenting all important features, key points, pros & cons, benefits of electric ride-on cars, buying guide and many more. Want to know the best part? Read our in-depth reviews to discover the features that set them apart and a quick guide to making a perfect decision.
Comparison and Reviews of Top 10 Best Power Wheels & Electric Cars
|Name||Type||For Ages||Amazon Picks|
|Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant||Kawasaki KFX||3 to 5 Years|
|Power Wheels Hot Wheels||Jeep Wrangler||3 to 7 Years|
|Power Wheels Barbie||Jeep Wrangler||3 to 7 Years|
|Power Wheels Barbie||Ford Mustang||3 to 5 Years|
|Fisher-Price Power Wheels||Dune Racer||3 to 7 Years|
|Best Choice Products Kids 12V||Ride-on Car||1.5 to 6 Years|
|Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force||Tractor & Tariler||3 to 7 Years|
|Rollplay Chevy Tahoe SUV||Police Car||5 to 7 Years|
|Kiddie Roadster 12V||Ride-on Car||1 to 3 Years|
|Henes Broon F830||Ride-on Car||1.5 to 5 Years|
|Name||Type||For Ages||Amazon Picks|
10. Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Kawasaki KFX
Kawasaki KFX gives your child a Japanese monster drive experience. Extra-large wheels provide better traction whether on hard surfaces, wet grass or rough terrain.
This monster vehicle clocks in at a speed of 3 to 6 mph and has a reverse gear. It provides a realistic off-road driving with its revving twist-grip throttle. This single-user monster supports 65 pounds and is designed for kids who are 3 to 5 years old.
Check price on Amazon
- Fastest power wheel on the list
- Super safe 3 mph for beginners and speed of 6 mph for expert riders
- Realistic all-terrain driving experience
- Flashy chrome wheels and accents
- Drives on all-terrain surfaces
- Cool colors and graphics
- Wheels are made of plastic
9. Power Wheels Hot Wheels Jeep Wrangler
This miniature jeep wrangler comes in as one of the top rated power wheels. It gives your child a momentous “off-road” racing experience. The revving tunes and cool motor sound create the feel of a “real” vehicle.
Speed ranges from a minimum of 2.5 mph to a maximum of 5 mph in forward drive while reverse drive gives a maximum of 2.5 mph. There’s a speed lock feature that makes it a perfect choice for both beginners and experienced riders.
- Extra-wide tires for excellent traction and stability
- Absolutely perfect on both grass and hard surfaces
- Has high speed lock-out and Power lock brakes for beginner riders
- Rugged grab bars make it easy to get in and out
- Roomy interior for two riders
- 1-year limited warranty that’s backed by 300 service center
- Only designed for boys
8. Power Wheels Barbie Jeep Wrangler
Let your kid get a fun “off-road” adventure with this barbie jeep wrangler. It has cool colors and graphics that make it an ultimate attention grabber. The character phrases, music and sounds will certainly put your child in a good mood.
A simple press on the foot pedal gets it rolling at a speed range of 2.5 to 5 mph. Two seats come in handy to double the fun. Like the hot jeep wrangler, this barbie jeep is powered by a 12-volt battery. It supports a maximum of 130 pounds and suits kids who are 3 to 7 years old.
- Cool colors, fresh barbie graphics
- Roomy rear storage
- Pretend radio preloaded with 6 jammin’ tunes
- The vehicle has safety braking system
- Wide stable wheels are perfect on all-terrain
- Possible to change the high speed to 5 mph
- Two seats to double the fun
- Most expensive jeep wrangler on the list
7. Power Wheels Ford Mustang
This muscle-drive car comes in a sporty styling with a space for two users. It has cool radio tunes that provide an immersive driving experience. Ford Mustang has excellent traction on hard surfaces and wet grass.
This cool vehicle rolls at a speed of 2.5 to 5 mph and gives the convenience of a reverse drive. There’s a power-lock brake system for maximum user safety. This sleek car accommodates up to 130 pounds and suits kids aged 3 to 5 years.
Check price on Amazon
- Realistic and excellent design for real fun
- Has pretend key that activates engine sound
- Practical dashboard gauge
- Specially designed for two riders and capacity up to 130 lbs
- Has automated power lock brake system
- Cup holders to keep your kids hydrated while on the move
- Radio is pretend
6. Fisher-Price Power Wheels Dune Racer
Dune Racer comes in a monster-truck design that handles hard surfaces, rough terrain and wet grass with ease. It provides the convenience of a two-speed system of 2.5 mph (beginners) and 5 mph (experienced riders). There’s even a reverse gear set to a maximum of 2.5 mph.
This power wheel makes use of a 12-volt rechargeable battery and has a weight capacity of 130 pounds. There’s an integrated storage space for the necessities you need in every drive. It makes a good choice for kiddies aged 3 to 6 years old.
- Safe and comfortable all-terrain drive
- Comfortable bucket seat design
- Spacious cockpit design that’s easy to get in and out
- Has safety braking system for more control
- Two seat design for double fun
- Has storage space for necessities
- Interior smooth outline and rounded edges that protect unexpected cuts and scratches
- Lacks remote control drive
5. Best Choice Products Kids 12V Electric Power Ride On Car
The steering wheel and remote drive system incorporated in this car give both the kid and parent a chance to enjoy in the fun. It has a two-speed control that sets the car rolling at a maximum of 2 mph.
FM radio and MP3 connection keep the driver entertained. The battery lasts 1 to 2 hours providing enough time to cruise around the neighborhood. This car is designed for 18 months to 6-year old children and has a weight capacity of 66 pounds.
Check price on Amazon
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- Powerful motors of 2 speed (high & low) control
- Wireless remote control
- Seat belt that ensure more safety
- Lets you play music with FM radio & MP3 player
- Very easy to assemble
- Lacks decorative features
4. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
Kids that love farm machinery will surely like Ground Force Tractor. The tractor is fitted with a trailer for easy transportation. It features an impressive speed for a farm tractor clocking speeds of 2.25 to 4.5 mph.
There’s a reverse gear and a lockout feature for beginners. The traction is excellent on grass, dirt and paved surfaces. Your kid’s comfort is kept at maximum with an adjustable seat and flip-up armrests. This tractor is perfect for 3 to 7 years old.
- All-terrain driving for experienced riders and beginners
- Extra-large trailer for transportation
- Parents can control by using 2nd gear lockout options
- Automatic brake system and accelerator pedal
- Comes with extendable warranty
- 5-position adjustable seat
- Lacks reverse gear
3. Rollplay Chevy Tahoe Police SUV 6-Volt
Though powered by a 6-volt battery, this police SUV provides aggressive driving power that adds more to the fun.
It has both forward and reverse capabilities with a maximum speed of 2.5 mph.
There are sound and light effects to create the feel of a “real” police SUV. A single charge keeps you riding for up to 2 hours. This SUV is for kiddies who are 3 years and above. It supports up to 77 pounds.
Check price on Amazon
- Functional and realistic components
- Working engine sounds
- Child will feel like real police man (1 rider option)
- Tires with special rubber traction ensure more safety
- Built-in speakers with MP3 connectors
- Extended battery life of up to 2 hours
- Speed is quite low at 2.5 mph, which may not work well with experienced riders
2. Moderno Kids Kiddie Roadster Children Ride-On Car
The color pink is usually seen as being feminine. However, this pink roadster beats the odds to provide one versatile drive for both girls and boys.
It’s got a two-speed transmission with a whopping 3 speeds achieved via the parental remote control. At maximum speed, the car clocks in at 4 mph. LED wheels add some style to your drive while USB, audio inputs and micro SD card slot make it possible to play favorite music and tunes.
Check price on Amazon
- Plays music and is compatible with smartphone devices
- Driven by both boys and girls
- Has a 3-speed parental remote
- Gradual accelerator with electric brake system
- Soft leather seat and seat belt ensure more comfort and safety
- Removable tray table for eating while on the move
- Very easy to assemble (within 15 mins)
- Requires constant parental supervision
1. Henes Broon F830 with Tablet PC 12V Kids Ride On Car
This is more than just a kid’s car. It has advanced remote system controls and goes an extra mile to include functional components and a 7-inch tablet PC. There’s a Wi-Fi connection and built-in speakers that take fun riding to a whole new level.
Check price on Amazon
- Variable electronic speed control
- Manual & auto braking system and foot pedal acceleration
- Realistic car components
- Wireless remote system control
- 7-inch tablet for extra fun
- Music support with stereo speakers
- Comfortable and durable leather seats
- Most expensive electric car on the list
Top 8 Benefits of Electric Ride-On Cars for Kids
Kids’ electric cars are relatively a new concept in the automotive industry. Compared to gas-powered vehicles, they offer lots of benefits both to the user and the environment at large. Below are some key benefits of purchasing electric vehicles for your kids:
1. Mental Development: Nowadays, electric cars and power wheels are the most desired and exciting kids’ toys. These ride-on cars give huge excitements and adventures and help to grow mental development of kids as well. Most children have hidden expectation to ride real big cars like their parents and other adults. Kids’ electric cars definitely make little opportunity to gather real car experiences. However, this experience helps to ride real adult cars in future of them.
2. Pure Outdoor Fun: The great thing about electric car is that it gives us and our kids to go outdoors. In modern times, most kids don’t have any direct relation with nature. Kids don’t want to go outdoors because they are always busy with their studies, home works, video games and other indoor plays. So if you get a kid’s electric vehicle it will give you and your kid to go in nature and enjoy pure fun on the green grass or any of your favorite places.
3. No Gas Required: This type of kids’ vehicles are entirely charged on the battery provided. That means you don’t have to purchase any gas. Considering the skyrocketing fuel prices, gas-powered kid vehicles might require that you dig deeper into your pockets. Though rechargeable batteries used on electric vehicles aren’t free, electric vehicles are far cheaper to run.
4. No Emissions: Electric powered motors make electric vehicles 100-percent Eco-friendly. There’s no toxic gas or smoke emitted since they run on a clean energy source. In short, these vehicles contribute to a healthy and green climate. Lack of harmful emissions also makes a healthier option for your kids.
5. Reduced Noise Pollution: Electric powered vehicles are much quieter and thus put a curb on noise pollution. This makes them better to drive especially in crowded neighbourhoods without disturbing the peace and quiet of those around. And with less noise comes reduced vibration that adds more comfort to the ride.
6. Low Maintenance: The electric drive system means that these vehicles have less moving parts and thus less maintenance. There’s no expensive engine work or the need to lubricate. This brings down the maintenance cost of these vehicles.
7. Lightweight Construction: Effortless handling and portability is quite crucial when choosing the best electric cars for kids. To achieve that, you need a vehicle that’s much lighter. That’s exactly what electric vehicles have to offer. Less moving parts make them lighter compared to gas-powered kid’s vehicles.
8. Mess-Free: Gas-powered vehicles are normally associated with mess resulting from spilled oil or gas. That’s not the case with an electric vehicle. It’s cleaner with mo messy oils or gas to deal with.
Buying Guide: Choose the Best Electric Cars for Kids
There’s a wide variety of choices for parents looking for best power wheels & electric cars for their kids. That said, it’s important to know what factors to consider so as to avoid making a less-than-great choice. The following are some things to consider prior to making your final selection of an electric ride-on car.
1. Age Guidelines: The age of your child is the first factor to consider. You should know that there are electric cars for virtually all age groups ranging from toddlers to teenagers. Therefore it’s important to choose an appropriate electric car for your child’s age. To make it easier, you can make comparisons with the age guidelines that are provided by the manufacturer.
2. Style of the cars: Kids’ electric vehicles come in many different styles. These range from the unique models to those that don’t fit any specific category. Select your desired style, which include cars, SUVs, trucks, ATVs, among others. Ensure that the style you choose matches your kid’s taste and the nature of the surface it will be used on.
3. Brand is important: The decision for the model of electric car you want can be heavily influenced by the type of brand. Since there are lots of manufacturers, it’s important to ensure that you get a quality product. Some of the top brands to consider include Fisher-Price, Peg Perego, Best Choice Products, Rollplay, Moderno Kids, among others. Products from such brands have a good rating so you’re assured of getting a quality that’s worth every penny.
4. Power Supply: The vast majority of batteries used in kids’ motorized cars are either 6 or 12 volts. The type of power supply affects both speed and run time. That said, it’s good to settle for batteries from high quality brands. And it may be better in case you get a battery/charger combo kit. One thing to note is that you should always check the part number when selecting a replacement battery.
5. Safety Features: Electric cars are available in a range of speeds, weight limits and design that affect the driver and the way they’re driven. Overall, safety is based on choosing the best ride on cars for your child’s age and abilities, safety equipment and proper driving. For instance, when it comes to safety equipment, you need to consider things, such as harness systems, helmets, knee pads, among others.
6. Warranty of the product: A good product needs to have a warranty and electric vehicles for kids are no exception. The presence of a warranty guarantees the good quality of the product. It’s always recommended that you settle for an electric car with a longer and extensive warranty. This will help cater for inconveniences resulting from defective parts or poor craftsmanship.
These electric ride-on cars are probably one of the most fascinating and hottest toys on the market. They provide a riding experience that’s quite unmatchable and have new exciting features that mimic those of real vehicles.
We’ve found great feedback on these products owing to their quality and affordable prices that suit those on a tight budget. Trying keeping them in mind the next time you’re planning on getting that perfect electric vehicle for your little kid’s birthday or for Christmas.